Founded in 1880 as The American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME is a not-for-profit professional organization that enables collaboration, knowledge sharing and skill development across all engineering disciplines, while promoting the vital role of the engineer in society.
Founded in 1880 as the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME is the premier professional membership organization for more than 130,000 mechanical engineers and associated members worldwide. ASME also conducts one of the largest technical publishing operations in the world, offering thousands of titles including some of the profession's most prestigious journals, conference proceedings, and ASME Press books.
ASME publishes some of the most prestigious engineering content in the world as one way to fulfill its ongoing mission of being an essential resource for professionals seeking engineering solutions to global challenges.
The ASME Digital Collection provides unparalleled depth, breadth, and quality of peer-reviewed content:
- ASME’s Journals from 1959 – present
- ASME’s Conference Proceedings from 2000 – present, plus select proceedings back to 1955
- ASME eBooks from 1993 – present, plus select titles back to 1944
Features of the ASME Digital Collection include:
- Powerful search tools that retrieve content simultaneously from journals, conference proceedings, and eBooks
- Advanced filtering tools to refine search results by keywords, topics, journal citation, and date range
- Topic Collections for specific subject areas
- Enhanced user experience (UX), providing simplified navigation, and inline figures & tables
- Responsive web pages for better desktop and mobile experience
- Links to CrossRef, Google Scholar, and Web of Science to discover citing articles
- Tools for citation export
- Ability to share links by social media and email
- Email alerts for saved searches and newly published content
- COUNTER/SUSHI compliant
- Shibboleth institutional login
- Indexed in leading abstracting and indexing (A&I) services